Thursday, March 28, 2013

What Makes You A Halo Addict


What makes me a Halo Addict?  Well I’ll tell you what makes me a Halo Addict.  For starters, I just can’t get enough of playing, I talk to my friends in code and I intake a lot of sugar.  The video game Halo is invigorating with tons of non-stop action, has eye-popping graphics and the ability to associate online with fellow Halo fanatics.  

If only there were more hours in the day, they would be dedicated to playing Halo.  I try to game everyday and I’d play more if I didn’t have to go to school, do homework or go to church.  I try to get my homework done as quickly as I can after school so I can get online to join the others already in Halo frenzy.  

I feel I have made friends through playing Halo online.  Some gamers live in other states in the Continental US.  They do not share much information because of privacy and fear of being kidnapped, so we keep our conversations about the game.  Depending on what game mode we are playing, the gamers can help or destroy my character.  We talk in code for speed and so others around us don’t know what we’re talking about.  For example "did you get that new loadout?" which means “did you level up?”  And for most people that don’t play videogames, that means “did you make it to the next ranking level?”

In order to stay awake all of those long hours to play, I have been known to drink a lot of soda (and I plan to keep up that reputation).  I also snack on bags of microwavable popcorn, Goldfish, Girl Scout Cookies and the occasional box of Frosted Flakes cereal.  This eating and drinking causes me to take ample bathroom breaks, I try to make them as quick as possible so I (or my group) don’t get killed.
I feel that playing Halo is an addiction and I need to be careful that it doesn’t become too important and I can turn it off when it is appropriate.  I do love to play, I like the friends I’ve made and who doesn’t like sugar?  My parents may have other opinions about all of this.  I wish mine was the one that stands... but it doesn't.   

No comments:

Post a Comment